Monday, July 17, 2006

"i got a number on me, won't make it through in the high noon sun..."

i ran my first 5k on saturday morning. as everybody from the midwest knows, this weekend has been very hot and muggy. but, the race was a lot of fun. i finished 306th out of over 800 people. 306th place. the number doesn't quite have that ring to it, but i was still pretty pleased with the results. training, i averaged around thirty minutes for 3 miles, and at the race i ended up with a 27:31 time. my parents both ran it too. my mom successfully ran her first 5k. she did great. her and my dad are already signing up for another. unfortunately i wont be doing it; i'll be in marquette. so anyway, i was was one of those runners who listened to his ipod and thought my playlist was important. at least, important enough to be posted (in order, as i remember):

"cochise" audioslave
"mexican hairless" the toadies
"honeybee" tom petty
"poppin' tags" jay-z
"ball and a biscuit" white stripes
"pistol of fire" kings of leon
"you are a runner and i am my father's son" wolf parade
"f*ckin' up" pearl jam
"rotting pinata" sponge

it seems like that would last more than 27:31. i may have left it on for a while after.
in other news, stacey and i have 2 more weeks of work, 3 weeks till we leave to marquette, and we still have not found a place to live. i probably should be more concerned than i am but i am not. now, im gonna go outside and watch the thunderstorm.
jason

1 comment:

  1. congrats jason!

    anna told me that she gets to see you two this weekend. feelings of jealousy are consuming me:)

    hope all is well with both of you.

    bobbie.

    ReplyDelete