Monday, April 6, 2009

waiting...

paris6_2075paris6_2028paris6_1984

Yesterday I spotted four purple flowers along with some crab grass pushing up through the matted down dirty grass in our yard.

The deck chairs are already out.

The new grill has been purchased and used many times.

The bikes have already been ridden.

The seeds are ready to planted.

Yet, we wait.

Multiple pairs of boots litter the entrance to the house and hinder opening and shutting the door.

Hats, gloves, and scarves still sit in their bin beckoning to be put on.

The snow pants and heavy coats still hang on the hooks on the door, taunting about the elusive spring that has yet to come.

The dirty snow piles are still sitting in corners.

Frigid wind, cloudy days, and still...we wait.

4 comments:

  1. you mean bike, not bikes . . . .I have not forgotten that you needed to be bribed last summer to ride your bike . . . . . I am questioning the s on the end of bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey, your wise husband has told me more than once that the sweet is not as sweet without the bitter. The winters in Marguette have got to be the reason that when you visit her in summer the whole area seems to be so lively and and every warm summer moment is utilized and never taken for granted. My hat is off to you for surviving another WINTER and I am envious of summer you get have in the UP.

    dad s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nom if I could only write that would be perfect!

    dad s

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacey , I do believe that Jason is rubbing off on you , great word picture I can see it all ! Spring is just about here ! , And there . Love you . Dad TB

    ReplyDelete