Thursday, August 24, 2006

finally a new post

well I am sitting outside of my apartment on the curb, because unfortunately we can’t pick up a wireless signal in our apartment. But I think that is the biggest problem we have had so far…besides the fact that when I forwarded our mail to the UP I also forwarded debby and denny’s mail…sorry guys. The up side for me is that I am getting debby’s magazines. J
as you can tell Jason and I got our new computers today. They are brand spank’n new, right out of the box. They had a semi loaded with them. I think they said that they were handing out something like 12,000 new computers. Aren’t you glad you didn’t get that bill?
Well Jason and I are adjusting very well. I think we pretty much have everything where we want it in our apartment. Thanks very much to jason’s parent’s they drove my car up on Saturday and helped put our apartment in order. It would have taken us twice as long. I have made curtains for both of the bedrooms and Jason helped me tile the tops of our coffee table and end table in our living room. i am very impressed with myself! I’ll post a picture soon. We both have gotten jobs. We will be working at the DOME. The dome is a huge wooden dome, I think it is the biggest one in the world, and they have all of their sports games and concerts, it’s where we picked up our laptops. I will be selling tickets and Jason is going to be event staff. He hopes he gets to be security!!! I have training tomorrow and Jason has orientation on Saturday and after that I think we are going to go down to uncle gene’s cabin in Thompson which is about an hour and a half away.
We have found out where the essentials are, you know like target, super wal-mart, school, the sports bar (poor Jason…we only get fox which is fuzzy and the Christian channel) not very many sports. We also couldn’t believe how close we are to the lake. It’s not more than a 10 minute walk. The whole city of Marquette runs along the edge of Lake Superior and it is beautiful. It’s hard to think that it’s actually going to get cold and snowy up here. The weather has been great. 70’s and sunny during the day and 50’s at night. Very good blanket weather.
Don’t worry we haven’t forgotten where our roots are. We still have bouts of homesickness. We aren’t sure when we’ll be able to come home. But we’ll let everyone know. I think it will depend on the money and work situations. My parents are coming up on Labor Day weekend and are going to camp very nearby. I can’t wait to see them. Well I’d better go back in my toes and fingers are getting a little chilly. We love you all and miss you very much. Love Jason and Stacey

1 comment:

  1. Hello my friends and neighvors, Im glad you finally updated your blog, Shoot Emily just woke up. It's about 2 am and I was online figuring out what it's going to take to kick Jason tookis in Fantast Football and thought I would check your blog. Very cool pics, have you guys been swimming in the big lake they call Gitche Gumee yet? I bet it's pretty cold.

    Amber and I miss you both a TON (but my liver thanks you for moving Jase) We really hope to be able to make it up there before the snows come. Kind of a long trec in snow shoes with a one year old strapped to your back if you know what I mean(but I bet pochohontos did it) well anyway Im glad you guys are settled in good and I'm sure I will be in touch within the next few days.

    Time to go feed the little monster

    Love you both

    Steve and Amber

    ReplyDelete