Friday, September 21, 2007

Billiards

For the last part of the summer my friend Jen had been bugging me about joining her women's pool team. I wasn't sure if I really wanted to do it. Mostly, I was just unsure of myself, not having played much. Jen assured me though that she would teach me all I needed to know and that I would be a pool shark yet.
So I did the most logical thing and that was to throw caution to the wind and say yes.
We play for the Wooden Nickel, a bar near our apartment. Wednesday was our first league game and we WON! There are six women on each team and they form 3 teams of 2. Each team plays 3 games for a total of 9 games for the whole night. Whichever team wins the most games out of the night, wins the night.
They didn't tell me until we won that last season they only won 2 nights out of the whole season. Hopefully I can whip these girls into shape! Just kidding.
Well that's what I have been up to this week.
Have good weekends.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go, Minnasota Fats!! Hope you and Little Jen and the rest of the team " chalk " up alot of wins. Dad S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know Stac, you went from lucky button to Minnasota Fats!!! I was in Costco (of course) yesterday and saw a guy looking down the length of a pool stick, they now sell pool tables there, and I thought oh, that must be something stacey does, it made him look professional. Have a good week. love mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey , you are a nut I'm glad that you have a adventurous spirit to try new things . Love Dad TB

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are coming home this weekend?!?!?!? YEAH!!!!! Wait until you see Laney! She is SUCH a good baby now! She slept last night from 8:30-7! Talk about a new woman...

    ReplyDelete