Monday, September 17, 2007

will someone please kill the cricket!!!


I know the picture is gross, but I think that a little visualization will help my cause a little.

Our boiler room for the building is right across the hallway from our door, which, at any other time would mean nothing.

But...for the last week or so there has been a cricket stuck in this locked boiler room cricketing away almost constantly. I think he knows when we are home and need a little peace a quiet to get work done, and therefore he chirps some more.

Today I wanted to work on a project for one of my classes and didn't want the TV or radio on or anything, but even in the farthest room with the door closed I could still hear the chirping.

The first step was to put a note on the door for whoever has a key to said locked room to please kill the cricket (although the chirping is messing with my sanity, I didn't think the landlord would appreciate a call to kill a cricket).

I then grabbed my computer, and my lawn chair and deposited myself on our front lawn, where yes there is a lot more going on out here, it is far less distracting.

So if you need to find me, this is where I will be until further notice (either the cricket croaks or it snows!)!

2 comments:

  1. Ha, Stacey, you are too funny.. Isn't it funny that the dripping faucet or ticking clock or chirping cricket can drive one crazy..Hope the little guy leaves before he gets smashed by one Northern student. luv u gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up. I think it is some version of chinese torture :) Kind of like dinging the bell at the hotel too many times.
    p.s. boy you were a cute baby.

    ReplyDelete