Sunday, November 18, 2007

I'm going to Europe this summer!!!

This summer towards the end of May, I will be on my way to Europe!!!

Here is a sneak peak at my tentative itinerary.

Arrive in Amsterdam

Visit the Van Gogh Museum, Floating Flower Market, Anne Frank's house, Rembrandt House, and the Rijksmuseum. Plenty of free time to explore the city and then...

2 days later, board a train and head to Brussels.

Visit the Musee des Beaux Art, the Comic Strip Museum, and explore the many churches in the area.

2 days later, board another train and head to PARIS!!!

No hotels in Paris, we will be staying in apartments with kitchenettes (I get to shop for and cook food in Paris) (How cool is that!?)

Attractions in Paris:

Hôtel De Ville

Notre Dame Cathedral
Ile St.-Louis
Aux nos ancetres les Gaulois
the Louvre
Place de la Concorde
Tuileries Palace
Church of the Madeleine
Le Petit Palais
Le Grand Palais
Arc de Triomphe
Champs Elysées
Eiffel Tower
Palais de Chaillot
Ecole militaire
Musée Rodin
Montparnasse area
the Latin Quarter
Le Jardin and Le Palais du Luxembourg
the Panthéon
St. Sulpice
St. Germain des Prés area
Saint-Chapelle Church
museum of the Orangerie
Sacré Coeur
Place de Tertre
Musée d’Orsay
Monet's House
Les Halles district
Centre Georges-Pompidou
the Mouffetard Quarter

...just to name a few!

(sorry about quitting on the links, we are just doing too much!)

in total 8 days living in Paris.
What an experience.
Did I mention that I get class credit for this?

2 comments:

  1. I wanna come! So cool that you even get credit for it. What kind of course/assignment is it??!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly am not for sure about the title or requirements of the course. I believe that it is a culture/history class. Who the heck knows. I don't care. I'm going to EUROPE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete