Thursday, October 16, 2008

framing buttons

here are a few of my latest projects:

1: Found this in the basement and spray painted it copper.
I'm going to put it above my desk to hold do-das.

2. I found these picture frames for 99 cents and painted them copper.
I'm going to put my favorite pictures in them and group them in a series of nine.


3. Jason and I decided that it was about time we put some of my pictures on the wall, so that is precisely what I am doing.
These are of the RER train in Paris.

4. I am actually going to put more pictures on this wall, but they are all going to be of pictures I took in Pere Lachaise Cemetery in Paris. I think there is going to be 10 in all.
(don't worry, you'd never know I took them in a cemetery)


5. My mom got me 2 cards of buttons that they used to use in the stores and I loved them so much that I decided to frame them. LOVE THESE! Thanks Mom.




6 comments:

  1. What a fun idea, Miss Stacey! Love it. Great snag on the copper frames. Can you come down and decorate my living room? How's the "plan" going? I start mine on Sunday! Mom S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so I get it now! Very cool thing to do with the buttons and the frames. Who would have thought of copper? Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have waaaay too much time on your hands, but I wish I could think of things like that! Love ya
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome ideas.
    and how you hung the frames? brilliant!

    also? you could write a short piece starting with each project and having the ending sentence for each thing be, "I sprayed (it/them) copper."

    And go from various household items but then jump to more unusual things, ending with finally, "This is my husband, Jason. I spray-painted him copper."

    There. You have your writing assignment. It is due one week from today. Ready. Set. Go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacey , I love what you did with the buttons ! And your frames...... you are related to your mother , The copper is awesome too happy decorating . Love Dad TB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't projects wonderful?

    Just wanted to let you know that Jacob, Linda, Seth and I will be joining y'all for Kings of Leon. Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete