Thursday, June 18, 2009

going "naked"

Photo 38 Being on my own these last couple of weeks has made me realize a few things about myself.

The most obvious one is that I am really messy. Seriously I'm not sure if I've always been this way or if I've just repressed the slob urges all of these years. I'm afraid of what my house will look like if I actually "let go!"  So, I'm just going to do it here and there and pick up whenever I can.

I have also realized that I am a scatter brain. Okay I'm pretty sure that I have known that for a long time, but for some reason, not having jason around has made me even more so. It's possibly because I feel lost without him, or because I feel like I'm purgatory waiting for my sentence of 3 more weeks of school to be over so I can join my husband on the road.

I've also realized about myself that I don't really enjoy wearing makeup all that much. I don't know why I decided to try and "go naked," but I did and honestly it feels great!  I think what I am trying to do is to look at myself, really look and make sure that I know that I am beautiful just the way I am. I think makeup is a great thing and I'm not giving it up entirely, but I have spent probably more than half my life trying to make myself look older, or prettier, or make my eyes sexier, or impress someone other than myself. I'm pretty sure I did a disservice to myself my never actually taking the time to look in the mirror with out the mask and think...yeah you're beautiful! So i am going naked (at least while I still have a tan...a girl's gotta have a little vanity...it's only healthy!)

The really important thing I realized though is that I really miss my husband. It took almost a week (gasp) to kinda freak out and realize that I wasn't going to see him for a month. Really a month. What was I thinking? It has been great though, I think it is always wise to take a little time out to make you realize just how much you need the other person.  Whoever said that absence makes the heart grow fonder knew what they were talking about.  Only two more weeks to go!  I can't wait to get to LA!!  California here i come! (p.s. If you do not know what I am talking about....let me know)

5 comments:

  1. Stacey, you are beautiful. One thing that I've always noticed about you (and I told Jason this once) is your beautiful skin, which is the most fundamental aspect of physical beauty, in my opinion, and can be neither covered up nor enhanced by makeup.

    Also, It's so funny that you have recently decided to wear less makeup, because I've been "going naked" for years, but have recently decided to start wearing makeup!! Oh, the irony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey, you are awesome. with or without makeup, I just say the older you get, the bigger the bag of tricks to make you look good, so you go girl naked as long as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people are born with a natural glow. I saw that in you the first day I set eyes on you. It comes from within. Too bad it sometimes takes a lifetime for us to see it ourselves. ILY and love that you love my Jason. We are all so much better having you in our family. Mom S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you so much, and though the travels have been great, they are just a shadow without you here. Things are not as real without you here.

    Can't wait to see you naked in LA.

    Love you,
    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Stace! I think you look great in your picture - good call to go makeup-free sometimes, especially for the summer! This way we get to see those cute little freckles so much better! Hey, yeah - so California??? What're you guys' up to out there??

    ReplyDelete