Monday, September 5, 2011

holiday weekend


Saturday morning after I put Bea down for her first nap (I'm pretty sure she was up at 5am that morning) I decided that I was going to go swimming. I wasn't sure where to go, so I just drove down ocean road, and then came back to Narragansett Beach. I knew that during the summer season they charged to get on the beach, but I saw a ton of people going in and no one taking money. I parked the monster of my truck and headed over. It was a beautiful morning and I walked right on the beautiful beach and headed right into the ocean.


I love Lake Superior, and she will always have a little piece of my heart, but the waves, oh the crashing waves. It was invigorating. I could have stayed in there all day. I definitely could get used to this.


This weekend we read books, drank coffee, went to a cookout, ate ice cream, swam, met new friends, kayaked, drank coffee, walked to the farmers market, took lots of naps, and capped the weekend off with a cookout of our own.



Narragansett beach. Lots of surfers out.



Here are a couple of pictures of our new house. This is the sunroom/dinning room/jason's office/euchre's new home.



This is our bedroom. Plenty of room to walk around and fit two dressers in it.



Bea's room/guest bedroom.



I had to put protective corners on the coffee table and for some reason Bea wants to attack them with her mouth furiously.


The second picture is a new face she makes. She mainly does it when she is concentrating. I think it is hilarious.



Bea getting ready for her first kayak ride.


We took her down the block to the salt pond and she sat in between my legs the whole time. She did great and I think she would have liked it even more if she didn't have her life jacket on, but there is NO WAY I will ever take her on the water without one. Sorry love.


It was a great first weekend in Rhode Island.

2 comments:

  1. Stacey, you are getting the place to look like home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update. Love Bea in the dewrag . . .our little hippie grandchild :)
    Can't wait to come!
    love mom tb

    ReplyDelete