Tuesday, July 31, 2007

time for an update

Hello! Hello! It's me! I'm up still alive and kicking! It's summer and between classes and work, blogging has taken the back burner.

I have been having fun though, and enjoying the summer and the heat. Boy has it been hot here. We decided to re-sign our lease due to lack of funds to come up with a deposit, and first month's rent right after we just paid rent. We love the location our apartment is in. It's so close to the lake, close to campus, and close to everything else we do. And of course it's so much cooler in here when it's so hot out.
What we did to compensate for the fact that we didn't move we pretended we did by moving all of our furniture around to the other rooms. Our bedroom is in the office, our office is in the living room, and our living room is in the bedroom. We love it.

A few other things that have happened. Jason's parents came up to visit us for Fourth of July. We had a great time. I even got to go on a motor cycle ride with them.

My parents and grandparents came up just this last weekend. We have converted in to Lake Superior lovers. We went to the art show on presque isle park and hiked around little presque isle.

I also finished my quilt a little while ago. I posted pictures at the bottom of the page.

Mom and Dad on Presque Isle park for Art on the Rocks

Grandma and Grandpa Troost

Coming over from Little presque isle.

Grandma thought she was crossing the river Jordan.

5 comments:

  1. Stace~

    your quilts are beautiful and amazing. I want one!!! I love both of them...you are so creative.

    love katie
    (your curly haired cousin katie):o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie Marie! It's actually the same quilt. The yellow is the backside. I can make you one if you want. I would just need fabric! I love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stace - your quilt looks awesome! You're so skilled! If only I could take lessons from you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. stacey - i'm not even kidding, i'll pay you to make a quilt for me. that is BEAUTIFUL! i have wanted to learn for years...how i wish you lived closer so i could pilfer lessons off you! ;) glad all is well with you - we were in erie, pa recently and on the other side of presque isle...love it there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey cuz!
    Wow, that quilt is so cool! you have got to teach me how to do that!
    It looks like you had fun with the family this past weekend, gram is so funny! Can't wait to see you, come home soon! Oh, and be careful with your "at home hair color kit." Andrea told me she gave you the stuff, and i thought "oh boy, that could be dangerous!" =)
    love you!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete