Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of School

Today is the first day of school, and I feel just like I did my first day of kindergarten...well maybe not just like that.

As I said in my previous post, I had no feelings about today. I wasn't loathing it, but I wasn't looking forward to it either.

That was until I was able to get into the color photo class I needed to take with my adviser Christine as the professor. I walked into class this morning with a binder full of blank college ruled notebook paper waiting to be filled with invaluable knowledge.

It was so nice not being brand spanking new to the school. I already knew the instructor, and her style of teaching. And as I walked through campus instead of everyone looking at me with blank faces, it was great to be able to shout out hellos and give and receive hugs from the friends I have made here.

I can't quite put into words what I'm feeling today. It is just a really good feeling compared to last fall. This feeling of contentedness, of belonging, of having new goals and new challenges. A feeling of knowing that this is where I am supposed to be, this is what I am supposed to be doing, and this is where I will be for the time being.

(on a side note, I am writing this on my not so brand new mac, but new to me nonetheless. more on this later!)

2 comments:

  1. Stacey Renee.. So...glad to hear that you got into christine's class, that makes all the difference in the world. Now you will have to learn the Kodachome 64 song, yes, there is one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, we're a mac family. welcome to the clan! :) hope your school year is as comfortable as your first day - with some inspiring challenges along the way.

    ReplyDelete