Saturday, December 29, 2007

Back in the UP

After a very busy, but wonderful week I am back in Marquette. I feel more mellow already.
Jason and I were supposed to drive back home on Friday some time during the day, then Friday night, and then with whole lota parental persuasion our departure time was moved to 6am on Saturday morning.
I hate to admit it, but Jason's parents and my parents were right, it was very good that we waited.
The roads were so horrible before we got to the bridge. As my tires were slipping, and crazy SUV drivers are passing me as I'm going 50 mph in the only drivable lane...I was thankful that just this one time I could admit that my parents were right. (just this once though...don't get used to it!)

It was so nice to be home and see everyone that makes coming home for Christmas so special.

Here are a few of the things that I did while I was at home.

Celebrated Jason's 28th birthday. (you are so old!)
Celebrated Aunt Pam's 50th birthday. (it was a surprise!!!!)
Celebrated Jason, Grandpa Troost, and Aunt Kim's birthdays (there are a lot of December birthdays)
Went to church with my parents. (it was sooooo good...full orchestra, full choir, you catch my drift)
Took Shrontz family pictures (Debby and Denny's Christmas present from us kids)
Had my hair cut and colored by my most wonderful sister.(I look way better. Thank you.)
Ate dinner at Logans. (with Jacob, Linda, Steve, Amber, Emily) (for Jason's birthday)
Ate dinner at Blue Ginger. (with Grandpa and Grandma Troost, and my Mom and Dad)
Ate lunch at Panera. (with my Mom and Dad)
Had a beer at Fridays. (with the fabulous miss Megan Sue)
Ate dinner at Applebees. (with Debby, Denny, Steve, Amber, Emily, Jacob, Linda, Laney and Josh)
Saw the movie 27 Dresses (so cute, totally a chick flick)
Saw the movie Charlie Wilson's War (wait for it to come out on video...oh and don't see it with your dad and father in law)
Went shopping at Rivertown mall (the day after Christmas, what was I thinking?)
Went shopping in Holland (for awesome Vera Bradley)
Said goodbye to a cousin (safe travels Tashina, Carlos and Andres, I'll come visit as soon as I can)
Found out that I have a lot in common with another cousin (answer your phone Katie Polly)
Held a ton of babies! (I was just letting the baby fairy dust rub off on me!)
Played with my niece (so darn cute, I can hardly stand it)
Watched the 7th and last season of Gilmore Girls (22 episodes in 2 days, my laptop went everywhere with me)
Celebrated Christmas with both families. (we are soooooo blessed by everyone. Jason and I are set for a while. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!)

And I definitely did not get to spend enough time with everyone. I wish that I could have been in more places than once and spend real quality time with all of the people that I love and cherish. Definitely not enough time.

It was good and very needed to be home and see my families, but it is very good to be back home here in the UP in my Marquette where hopefully I can spend some quality time with my husband before we have to start school again.

Oh and no I have no pictures to post. This crazy girl forgot her camera in Marquette. Whoops

2 comments:

  1. Heres to parental persuasion. .. we are such a good team :)(and a team always drives matching vehicles, we'll have to work on the matching jerseys later)

    A very fun blog and glad to hear that you are settling back in.

    Love you (and Vera)
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Stacey , Happy New Year !!! I love all the listed things that you and Jason did while you down in the lower . And it is neat that you two have a happy home in Marquette ...Love Dad TB

    ReplyDelete