Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Pros and Cons

About a month ago I had to ask my parents if I could borrow some money from them.

It is so hard for me to ask for help, especially if involves asking for money.

So, usually when I do have to ask for help, it is a big deal for me, and I usually overreact.
(What??? Stacey Shrontz overreact?? That is absurd!!!)

This money was for the initial deposit to save my place for the Europe trip.

As soon as I asked my dad, he said, "Of course, just let me talk with your mom so we are on the same page."

I talk to my mom later that day and she hadn't talk to my dad yet, so I told her about it. She told me that they would have to think about it. They would have to weigh the pros and the cons of loaning me the money.

Some of you might know this about my mom, she has a funny sense of humor! Her comment about a pros and cons list went right past me because I knew she was kidding. (You're so funny Mom!)

Little did I know that for fun on their dinner date that night they actually made a pro/con list.
After a week or so had passed, I received this in the mail:

PROS
*She's Cute
*Further her education
*Make her happy
*When we go to Europe she will be able to tell us where to go
*The blog will have good pictures
*It is always good to have someone owe money
*She can look up Dutch relatives
*She already has a passport
*Traveling makes her happy.

CONS
*She'll be further away from her parents
*No interest on loan
*Make Jason lonesome
*The Red Fox Inn will not be able to operate
*She's already been to Amsterdam

The pros out weigh the cons so, yes we will loan you the moula!

Thanks Dad and Mom. The two of you are one in a million. I'm glad that I can be your dinner entertainment!

4 comments:

  1. Stacey Renee, you are hillarious. I think you made that list up. . .
    your parents are way normal and if their not, its their children's fault.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crack me up! Too funny. I'm glad there were more pros than cons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha!! This is so funny Stace!! I can see your mom and dad doing that, and your mom giggling the whole time=).

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is the cutest thing i've ever heard!--jfo

    ReplyDelete