Wednesday, March 26, 2008

evoking change

For almost 2 years now, Jason and I have been cramming our outgoing mail into a very small box.
If there were other letters in the box, frequently we would have to take them out and rearrange them to get ours in.
This box mind you, was supposed to, according to our leasing company, be large enough for 30 or so people's outgoing mail.
I never thought to do anything about this little annoyance, but my husband certainly did.
After almost 2 years of silently complaining he finally got the idea to actually DO something about this little problem.
He called our leasing company and explained to them how ridiculous it was for our whole building to have such a tiny outgoing mailbox, and insisted that a new, bigger box be put up.
Of course, when he told me about this, in my typical way I doubted that anything would be done about it.
But lo and behold today when I went to deposit my outgoing mail, I deposited it into a VERY LARGE outgoing mail box!
I couldn't believe it.
And all it took was a simple suggestion.
To think, that is possibly just that simple to evoke all forms of change.
I believe that it does.
That that is all it takes.
One simple suggestion.
A realization that something is wrong, that there is a better way, a new way to do things.
I believe that it is that simple.
If you don't like something.
Change it!

1 comment:

  1. You're exactly right! Sometimes that is all it takes. Great post!

    ReplyDelete