Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

That being said.

Tonight I flipped out.

I threw my already suffering phone on the ground. (and damaged it further)

I yelled. To no one in particular, but in the direction of my husband.

I overreacted. Really overreacted.

I was so frustrated.

I had my whole night planned.

Stop home really quick after class.
Get checkbook and envelope.
Drop rent off.
Go to post office.
Pick up package.
Mail package.
Get quarters at bank.
Go grocery shopping.
Do laundry.
Make Shepherd's Pie.
Go out with new friends.
(take a shower somewhere in there)

I had all of that planned until at 4:20 I received a call from work wondering if I was planning on showing up for work or not.

I informed them that I had no clue I was supposed to work tonight.
(by the way, I get out of class at 3:55 and yet they keep scheduling me on mondays for a job that takes me a half an hour to get there AND starts at 4:00) (really????, really????)
Well, too bad, I was on the schedule.
I told them I was on my way.

I hung up or rather threw my phone on the ground and proceeded to FREAK OUT!

Poor Jason. He had to be there during my episode, which had nothing to do with him, and there was nothing he could do to fix it.

So, I am at work hoping that no one else will call me and ask me what I am doing for St. Paddy's day tonight. And hoping that my husband isn't scared of me when i get home.

Don't you just love Monday's?

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, I was a little scared. But, I've learned that, though by instinct I am a "fixer," I can't fix most things. So, I am just waiting for you to come home, and I have a cheer-you-up surprise for you. For my dirty friends: no, it is not that. think comfort foods. (and drinks). i love you, baby. bigger than the marquette sky and the lake in our backyard. You're my queen. Try to suffer through it. Get home. And lets have our St. Patty's Guinness.

    Love,
    me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, this is the second time this week that I've talked to you and you had no idea you were on the schedule. . do they write your name in magic ink?
    I'm just glad you didn't throw the phone at them! (we have to stay in one of the rooms during graduation you know, I hate for them to shortchange our sheets or put super glue on the toilet seat :).
    And that Jason guy, we like him, he can handle an occasional 'freak out'.
    love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you! Stacey most of us would freak out and want to keep it a secret my self included, you on the other hand are way more honest and heathy to vent and move on . Your husband is an amazing wise man to know the best thing for you .Love Dad TB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stace~

    I would have done the same thing. I HATE when I am excited about something and I forgot to be somewhere or do something and it was no one's fault but my own. I love you and your post made me smile.

    Love your curly katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacey your such a crazy and im sure that you didnt freak out because we dont do that haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacey renee, you are such an open book, I am sure we will all know the moment you become pregnant (of course, when that time comes :) )
    gram.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your grandma's comment has me laughing aloud! You're great and I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No worries.....I've conditioned Jason for these little "freak out" moments. Luv, Mom S.

    ReplyDelete