Tuesday, July 29, 2008

packing

All summer long I since school ended in May I have had a running list of things to do in my head:

Jason's Graduation
Trip to GR for Katie and Seth's wedding
Europe trip
Trip to GR for Ava's birth
Work
Get journal entries done for Europe trip
Edit wedding photos
Work
Write research paper
Pay summer tuition
Get new job
Go to GR for Anthony and Molly's wedding
Find an apartment.

I have done everything on that running mental list in my head, except finding an apartment.
I know it shouldn't be that hard. But for me it is.
I have looked at a few.
I have had fewer people actually call me back about those apartments.
I don't want to live in a apartment building anymore.
I don't want to pay $900.00 for some crappy apartment.
I really want to move.
I just feel that it is time.
So tonight, I packed a box, just one box.
I know it's a mind game.
Packing one measly box will not magically produce the most fabulous apartment, in the most wonderful place, with the cheapest rent...I know this.
But, part of me also likes to think that by packing this one box, maybe, just maybe, tomorrow will be the day!

2 comments:

  1. As a witness, I can contend to the fact that there is a small box in the middle of our kitchen, taped up, and labeled: "knick knacks." Good work, babe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing like the power of positive thought. ds

    ReplyDelete