Tuesday, September 12, 2006

i'm employed!!

The laws of my brain are at work in full force....let me explain.
I've been waiting to hear back from an interview i had at a call center/answering service last week. I really wanted this job because it not only pays more than most of the jobs in marquette, but i think that i would really like this job and it would challenge me. (i hate boring jobs) And this morning when i woke up i still hadn't heard from them. I had an interview at Target at 9:00(would you like to put this on your target visa) (gag me) and i kept trying to make up excuses to reschedule or really... just not go. But the way my brain works is that if i didn't go to the target interview i wouldn't get the call center job. and if i did go to the target interview i would get the other job. so long story short. i sat through the dumbest questions you ever have to answer in an interview at target. and when my class got out at 2:30 i had a voice mail saying that i got the job. (the one i wanted)
It's at a place called Range Telecommunications. They have many different kinds of clients, but the majority of them are funeral homes. the call center takes off hour calls and passes the messages along to the right people. they also monitor alarms at schools and banks and houses and temperature monitors in vacation homes in the winter (so pipes don't freeze in the -40 degree temps here) taxi services...etc.
So that is how my brain works in a nut shell, more to come on that later. I have some insights on doing the things that scare us the most, but in the end give us the greatest rewards. tune in.

6 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Also, YEAH FOR CABLE! Jacob would be sooooo jealous! So don't tell him! So now you REALLY are not going to be able to come home on the weekends! :(
    Oh well, more reason for a road trip! It is thundering here right now and I get to cold call realtors! Yeah! (J/K) Glad to hear things are well! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!! I'm so glad that you got the job Stacey! And I'm really looking forward to hearing more about the laws of your brain...crack me up! Love you dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Darling! I'm glad that the job thing is working out. Good luck, I know you will do well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Knew that you were going to get it ! They got a good one, love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. How's your boyfriend doing on the job hunt??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congradulations, I hope everything is going well for you. Tell Jason to give me a ring when he get's a chance

    423-762-5125

    Wishing you both the best,

    Josh Keeney

    ReplyDelete