Monday, October 30, 2006

time

well i hope everyone enjoyed the extra hour of sleep on sunday morning. i know i did. but where is all the time and why does it seem to crawl when we are at work, or in class, or anywhere we'd rather be somewhere else? And when you have an extra hour or 10 minutes, or you're fighting sleep trying to finish that paper, why does time seem to fly by without a care? Last night I was finishing my paper and i'd look up at the clock and it would suddenly be a half hour or hour later as if by magic? i wish i knew the answers, i wish i knew the key to slowing down time when you need more of it, and i wish i knew how to speed up time when it seems to painfully creep along. i hope that everyone has enough time in their days and that it passes with the speed that you need it to. have a good monday. monday's are a clean slate, you get to start all over this week with new goals, and more importantly a better attitude than you had last week. I will leave you with two quotes:


Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save. (will rogers)

For everything there is a season,
And a time for every matter under heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die;
A time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
A time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to seek, and a time to lose;
A time to keep, and a time to throw away;
A time to tear, and a time to sew;
A time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate,A time for war, and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

2 comments:

  1. Stacy
    Thanks for the reminder. I just got off the phone with Jeff, and I was ranting and raving about how there just isn't enough time in the day to do what I want/need to do. This blog post was perfect for me, to remember to slow down, smell the roses and live. Thanks dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stace! I like to read your blog at times...you have a lot of inciteful (really don't think I spelled that right!) things to say that makes you think...I should think of making my blog more serious!=) Yes, you read right, I have my own blog now! So check it out! Miss you and love you. Kathrine P.

    ReplyDelete