Tuesday, June 5, 2007

chicago trip

The big shopping trip to Chicago was a HUGE success!
I felt like I was going to the big city to stock up.
I was able to find a new pair of jeans, some shorts, capri pants, a couple of shirts, and some very snazzy smelling perfume.
And don't worry, I didn't forget to pick up some Garrets Popcorn from downtown!

Most important though was being able to see a part of my precious family. There were 12 of us in all.
It was my Grandma Troost, my Mom, Andrea, Me, Aunt Necie, Kate, Meghan, Samantha, Aunt Kim, Taylor, Riley and Olivia.

All of us girls had a riot, we shopped until we were tired out and then had fun, goofed off, and hung out in our hotel rooms.

On the way home I stopped into IKEA to pick up some things that I could only get at IKEA. I am so excited about the new duvet cover I got for only $12.99. With a white room I thought it was time for a little color. Plus if I get sick of it, I can toss it whenever I want to.



I also bought 2 new book shelves, and I really think that these were my favorite purchase.
I have a problem with clutter and that mostly comes from having too many hobbies and no where to put all of the hobby stuff. So, I bought more vertical space! I moved the old book shelve into Jason's office, (which he needed badly, his books were stacked on the floor) and put these two in our living room.
Because of the white backing and light wood, they lighten the room up some and I get a WHOLE bookcase TO MYSELF!!! I am in organizational heaven.
Jason doesn't believe me when I tell him that deep down inside I am an organized person, it's just because I haven't had the means.
Needless to say, I am one happy girl on the way to a semi clutter free world (if one exists, let me know)


This picture was taken on my 9 hour drive home. The fog was amazing and you can't beat the reflections.


When I got to Chicago the girls were already shopping so I met them at the mall. I found my mom at Chicos and she ran from the counter to give me a hug. We both got a little teary eyed. It felt like years since we had seen each other instead of a couple of months. It was so good to just have her hug me. Phone calls and emails make the time pass, but there is nothing like a hug from you mom.
I found my sister and the first thing I did after I gave her a huge hug was to look at her gigantic rock hanging out on her finger.
Andrea got engaged to Tim Speyer on Mother's Day and this was the first time I was able to see the newly engaged woman and her ring.
I am so excited for her and Tim. They are getting married on October 12th, 2007.
There have been times in our sisterly friendship when we weren't so friendly or sisterly, but this last year has by far been one of the best. I know for sure that she is not only my sister, but one of my friends I can count on.
Thank you for asking me to be a part of your wedding, I wouldn't miss it for the world even if you had me standing by the gift table! :) I love you little sis.


After diner on Saturday night all of the cousins and Grandma posed for pictures.
Thank you Grandma for an amazing trip and most importantly a chance to spend some much needed time with family. I love our traditions. Thank you.


While we were downtown on Saturday, I called my friend Anna to see if she could sneak down for an hour or two to come see me. And bless her heart she came. It was so good to see her and spend a couple of hours with her. It's amazing to me that after 7 years friendships with friends who live in different states are still going strong.
I am so thankful for the friendships that I have kept throughout the years.
Thank you for taking time to come see me. I love you as always!


Sitting in the Water Tower Square downtown, and my mother making us look the other way for the picture and Andrea cheated!


The first day of shopping at Oak Brook mall. We needed a little water and a trip to the car to drop off our bags.


On the drive to Chicago, there was fog almost the whole way there. In Michigan and Wisconsin. In Wisconsin, I got off on a few obscure exits and looked for a couple spots to photograph for my black and white class. Our assignment was landscapes, and the drive down had a lot of them.
I took this with my digital camera, again loving the fog!


This was also taken on the way there, there is something peaceful about farm fields. I loved the views on the way down.


It took me a really long time to get home, and when I did, it was so nice to see my husband. He is an amazing man and we have both been working so hard between school and work and normal everyday things, that it's been hard to spend time together. Even though it was super late and I was exhausted, all I wanted to do was to just sit with Jason, just be near him (after we put together the book shelves...of course). I am so thankful for him, and for all that he does for me.

Thank you to all of the girls that came to Chicago, I had a ton of fun with everyone and it was so good to see you. I love you and hopefully I'll see you soon!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Stac.. Oh, so nice photos! Yes, we did have an awesome time together didn't we? Fun memories. I love your fog photos, and the train tracks, well, I give you an A+ for that one! luv u gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Stacey!! Wow, your pictures are amazing!! I really love the train tracks and the purple flowers behind the barbed wire. So cool! You really have a gift. I really love the Chicago pics too. Oh man did we have fun! I can't believe it's been a week since we were sitting in our hotel room, chowing down on room service food! I will have pics up soon...
    It was great to see you. Love you!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi stacey i know i just checked your blog and im sorry... little late than ever and you made me cry you big jerk ... I Love you too im glad your my sister 4 months and counting yeeeHaaa! Love andrea Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun. i love time with my girls. there's nothing like it. what beautiful shots you got! love that fog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sad i wasn't around. suppose i should get use to that though:)

    ReplyDelete