Tuesday, June 26, 2007

random thoughts from the weekend

This was me on friday afternoon. Jason said that he kept an eye on me because he was afraid I was going to fall into the pool and drown! I was so tired, and it felt so good to be in the sun and the water and just sit.
We had a great weekend with everyone. I didn't take a ton of pictures with my digital camera, I mostly took them with my black and white film camera. My final project is due on thursday and I wanted it to have something to do with family. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Sunday night we had popcorn night at the pavilion. It was a ton of fun. My little cousins were a riot and it was a nice night to be outdoors and enjoy some FFF (for those of you who did not grow up with my mother, FFF stands for Forced Family Fellowship)(these days I look forward to it though!)

This is my new "niece" Laney Amara Quist. This weekend was the first time I was able to meet her. And she is just precious. She is very tiny, but has very long arms, legs, fingers and toes.

Her parents Linda and Jacob are doing a great job at adjusting to a new addition to their family, and figuring out a schedule. They are going to be amazing parents and I'm so glad that I get to share Laney with them!
We met Jacob and Linda for breakfast at Denny's on Monday morning before we left. We just wanted to get a little more time with them and see Laney one more time.

The official reason for the trip was my friend Bobbie Rose's goodbye party at her parents.
She will be leaving for Jordan with the Peace Corps in about a week.
I am so excited for her and the experiences she is going to have, but it's hard to know that I'm not going to see her for almost 3 years.
I love you bobs and I'm so glad that I got to see you. Have an amazing time!

Just a side note, if you look close enough at my nose, you might see something shiny there.
Last weekend I got my nose pierced and couldn't be happier. I love it and feel like I should have gotten it sooner!

And of course the weekend would not be complete without seeing my sweetheart!
I went over to see her friday afternoon and she didn't hesitate to run right into my arms.
Talk about melting her auntie's heart.
She is getting so big and so smart. She is not even 2 yet and is putting sentences together and speaking her mind. In the picture below, she's being very independent and trying to put her pants on all by herself. It was so much fun to watch her. Her mom is going to have a hard time trying to go anywhere if she wants to dress herself every time!
Have I mentioned how great it is to be the aunt and not the mom yet!
Love ya Amber!



Another thing we couldn't miss out on was golfing. We were honorary members of the golf league on Sunday. I am no good at all, but it sure is fun to hit that ball, and for me that's usually as hard as I can!

Jacob, Steve, and Jason trying to look tough.

It was a great weekend with great weather and lots of family. I'm sorry I don't have more pictures. I promise I'll start taking more with my digital so I can post them!

3 comments:

  1. Stac.. nice family photos.. We so enjoyed seeing you and Jason, can't wait to come to see the upers. luv gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was GREAT spending time with you both!! We are looking forward to coming up next week! Denny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stac....we had such a great weekend hanging with you guys. Can't wait to come up! Big hugs....MamaCass

    ReplyDelete