Friday, March 11, 2011

my daughter has a big booty

We have been using cloth diapers for the past two months or so which we love (blog post about this later), but this makes our lovely daughter's butt very large. Which in turn makes finding pants that fit very hard to find. I think I have found a solution though, two actually.

1. Buy very large carpri pants. That way they fit her legs and her enlarged bottom.

2. LEG WARMERS!  My sister let me borrow a pair and they were at little tight, so I wanted to buy some different ones. Apparently either leg warmers are way outdated baby gear this year...or they were such a hit that no stores anywhere carry them anymore. So I did what I do best, and that is find someone else that has done it before me and make it better. I found a tutorial here. I used little girls knee high socks and sewed them accordingly. They are so awesome and Bea looks so cute in them.

 





 

"momma, stop taking pictures of me!"

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant. Adorable. Both leg warmers and Beatrice Harlow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey, what girl wants to be told she has a big booty, I would cry too.... ah.. cute socks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I have been following your blog since you took photos for the Mom's Club last summer. Never commented, but I have so enjoyed following your journey into motherhood. Your daughter is so-o adorable. I have a link to a blog for "big butt pants" tutorial for babies specifically using cloth diapers. Check out www.madebyrae.com. We used cloth diapers too and really enjoyed it. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete