Saturday, March 12, 2011

super cute savings jar

Since I was feeling crafty yesterday, I went ahead and made something else.


I got a large olive jar from work and decided to turn it into our savings jar.


Below is the final product, but I took pictures of the steps I took along the way.


 


I printed out what I wanted the words to day in the font I wanted and then cut out the letters with an exacto knife.


I now have a stencil.


the jar.



a spare scrap of burlap i had lying around.



I taped down the stencil, and sponged paint onto the burlap.



I wasn't sure how I was going to attach the burlap to the glass...and then I remembered....the GLUE GUN!


I almost forgot that I had it. It worked great!



Then what to do with the pesky seam? Cute polka dotted ribbon of course! Attached with the glue gun again.



Just like that we have a new super cute savings jar.

1 comment:

  1. well now, doesn't that just make you want to throw your change into that cute container! Cute Stac..

    ReplyDelete