Monday, April 23, 2007

camping....sort of

Saturday when I stepped outside it was amazing out! I couldn't believe how incredibly warm it was! Everyone had their awnings out on their stores and items for sale out on the side walks. There were people riding their bikes, walking their dogs, taking a jog and just enjoying the day.
I had an interview at a bagel place at 12:45 and when I got back I was racking my overloaded brain, trying to figure out something we could do for the weekend that would get us out of our apartment.
Jason's phone rang at just that moment and on the other end was his uncle Gene inviting us to come down to their property. I was already telling Jason to say yes before he had asked us if we wanted to come! We packed our stuff and filled the car up with gas (man...is that a depressing feat) and headed on our way.
It only takes an hour and a half to get there so it was a nice short drive (compared to most of our road trips.) It is so beautiful there. It's right on Lake Michigan with lots of sand and woods all around. It was so nice to be able to be out doors, sleep in a tent, and be able to sit around a campfire and grill good food.
Jason's family is so great! I am very lucky to have an extended family that has taken me under their wing as their own. Thank you for having us "down"! We had a great time.

On a side note: I am completely done with my baby Quist quilt. I just have to wash it. I am so excited about how it turned out. Linda: I'm not going to post any pictures, you will get to see it at your shower! You're going to LOVE it though, and so will Laney!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you had a great weekend off and that there is family everywhere you go, even in the UP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WAS a beautiful weekend! I was sitting and steve and amber's thinking on last year with the boy's playing basketball while us girls sat in the garage and played card games, and missing that....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stace....sure wish we could have driven up to spend the weekend with you! We will definitely do that this summer. Miss you both so much! Big hugs and lots of luvin'.....mom s.

    ReplyDelete