Monday, April 9, 2007

Lent Reflections

The TV is back on, but on a much more limited basis. I would much rather put my ipod on shuffle or sit in silence than have the TV on constantly. I realized what a huge waste of my time it was. Well, I knew it I just wasn't doing anything about it. This quilt was one of the things that came out of not watching TV. I started cutting the fabric for this baby quilt the day Lent started. I then sewed each piece of the curvy parts by hand and then yesterday I machine sewed all of the pieces together. I couldn't be happier! It looks great I can't wait to see what it will look like finished.
Last night we had Easter dinner at our apartment. We had 10 people over including Jason and I and everyone brought something different. The food was so good, I was very impressed with all the things that were brought. We had good wine, good food, and good company. It was nice to be able to get together with our new friends and have a "family dinner."
I hope that everyone had a blessed weekend with their families or substitute families.

10 comments:

  1. Wow Stace! That looks so great! Very artistic and stunning! I am very proud of you.
    Kathrine P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilt! Nice work Stacey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey! You are the BEST!!! Thanks again for Laney's quilt! I am so excited!

    I am even more excited to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacey Renee, the quilt turned out so very awesome! I can still picture you in Tucson sitting on the couch, sewing your little heart out. I am impressed! good job! love to you and spider jason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. why can't I leave a message?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, I tried 100X the other night and it wouldn't go. . . go to go to Espanol . .I'll write later. love mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, I can't even leave a message in ENGLISH (go to go???) I probably shouldn't be attempting Spanish!
    Anyway, since we talked I won't go on and on but this is very artistic. I love it.
    love mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks stace. i am pretty excited myself.

    any chance i will get to see you before i leave??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where are you? I'm beginning to worry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ummm so you are pretty much amazing!!! I saw this quilt and can't believe that you hand sewed all the little curvy parts. That takes patience my dear. Well it looks absolutely wonderful. GOOOD JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete