Tuesday, April 17, 2007

finally some pictures...and a very looooong post

As most of you know Jason and I were able to go home this weekend and spend some much needed time with our wonderful families.
It was so great to be home and soak in all of the love. As always though, it seemed like there wasn't enough time, there is never enough time when we go home.
I feel like we got a lot done, even with the limited time.
On Friday night when we got home my parents picked me up and we went line dancing at the place where my sister Andrea's boyfriend teaches line dancing. I went home with my sister and her boyfriend at the end of the night. I love my little sister and I am so glad I got to spend time with her. I'm so glad we're friends now.
On Saturday I went to Andrea's and she made my hair look pretty again! Yay, good hair, finally! (and I swear I will not dye my hair from a box EVER again!) After that I ran over to discount tire to get the tire from my car replaced. Another good thing! No more driving around on a spare tire!
Then it was to Steve and Amber's to see my precious niece. I loved it, she went crazy running up and down the hallway and screaming and laughing, making me chase her. She was so glad to see her Aunt Stacey! Her mom loved it as well. A little while later Jacob and Linda came over and I got to see her big pregnant belly! She is due in June! Very, very soon there will be a little baby Quist!
Linda, Amber and I went to the fabric store to buy the prettiest pink fabric for the back of the baby quilt, and then we picked up Chicken and Egg Roll for dinner. We hung out for the rest of the night and I went home to get some beauty rest.

Sunday morning I woke up and had coffee with my in-laws and then we headed over to my parents house for the best brunch ever! Both Jason and my families were there. It was so good to have everyone in the same place. My mom made the most wonderful meal! Thank you mom and dad for having us over and making great food!
After lunch I went to Costco with my Debby and I spent some of her hard earned money for some essentials! Thank you for feeding us!
For dinner my cousin Tashina, who is home from Honduras for a couple of months came over and we spent a good part of the night talking. Thank you for coming over Tash. It's been a long time, but some things never change.
Monday morning we were off on the road again.
I know most of the pictures below are of Emily, but I wanted to be able to talk with everyone instead of hanging back and taking pictures. Hopefully we'll be home soon! I'm sorry to everyone we weren't able to see and to the ones that we did get to spend time with, I'm sorry that the time was so short. We love you.

I love this picture. She is getting so big!

We were teaching her how to throw sticks into the creek at my parents.

Denny, Emily and her dad Steve, 3 generations.

Andrea and her boyfriend, Tim. (sorry that's the best smile I could get him to give me)
Steve and Emily. It was her first time seeing real chickens.

My 25 year old cousin Katie on the tire swing! I love it!

What a cutie!

9 comments:

  1. Hello!!! I am 24!!!!
    And thank-you so much for the lovely picture! I love it Stace...good to see you!
    Love you.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Kate, My whole life you've been telling me you're the same age as me...:) I just didn't stop long enough to to think about it. So, you're not that old YET! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the look on Steve's face, I think it was his first time seeing chickens too!!!
    We are so glad that everyone came over, it was a great afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacey, It was so good to see you and Jason again, you both look so great! Looking forward to coming to the UP to see where you two call home. love gram

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so great having you home! The head rub was much needed! You are so great at that! I can't wait to see the quilt finished! You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacey, it was great to see and spend time with you two, the brunch at your parents with everyone was a great touch. As always we can't wait until the next time we get to see you. love, Dad S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the pictures. Sounds like you had a great time.

    I only wish I'd get a chance to see you...someday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVED talking with you Stace...i feel kinda guilty that i stole some of your precious time...but that passes ;)! anyway, it really was like nothing changed...love you! (and Jason too!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Stacey , I am so glad that you and Jason and the whole family could come for brunch, I enjoyed every minute. What a great time . We love you. Dad TB

    ReplyDelete