Tuesday, April 3, 2007

I quit my job

(i have written and deleted this post a couple of times now, so i will spare all of the details and get the core of why i quit)

Yesterday I quit my job or rather gave my 2 week notice. (don't worry I didn't just walk out)
Jason and I have come to the conclusion that work or a job should not deter us from doing the things we love most and the things that bring us the most joy. And for a while now, my job has been sucking the life out of me. I don't mind working weekends. Hey I'm a college student and it's something I should expect, but I also live 8 hours away from my precious family and I have had to sacrifice my happiness and well being for the sake of a JOB that requires me to work every single weekend without fail.
Well not anymore.
I tried to see if we (we being me and my employer) could work something out with my schedule, but that wasn't going to happen. I knew nothing would change, but I had to try. I had to give them the chance to try. I didn't want to walk out of there saying that I didn't give them a chance.
For me this means two things.
1) I get to come home next weekend (april 13-16ish) YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2) I need to find a new job. I hate job hunting, but ah, life goes on and the bills are still due at the same times every month, so I will look for a job.
I don't like to quit anything, I feel like I'm giving up, like I didn't try hard enough and that I'm letting my co-workers down. But for Jason and I this was the best decision for me and for us and I do not have a heavy heart about it. I just know there is something that will fit my schedule better, even if I have to work at McDonalds...(just kidding, only as a last resort) A job no matter how essential to sustaining life as I know it will never again shape and sway the decisions that Jason and I make as a family.

I have a light heart now knowing that I will get to see most of my family's shining faces.

6 comments:

  1. I don't think I could have heard any better news than this! It just isn't right seeing Jason and not you! It just is not fair!!! And I am so absolutely excited to see you! As I am sure everyone else can't wait also!!! Keep me updated on the job hunting! I am praying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey, Good for you. And you'll find something. I know you will. How could someone not hire you with your unbelievable personality and great smile?

    I have a feeling this is for the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brett & KristinApril 3, 2007 at 12:37 PM

    Congrats, Stacey!

    (Brett says, 'way to have some marbles')

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Stace! I am happy for you! You shouldn't do anything that makes you unhappy. Plus, we get to see more of you now!
    Love you...K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carlos and I are struggling with that right now too- we both hate his job, and the hours...this is encouraging! good for you Stace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Stacey Renee..You go girl! and yea, we get to see more of you and Jason, couldn't get any better. love gram

    ReplyDelete