Sunday, April 6, 2008

Ignorance

Dear Flight Crew Members:

Just because you live in big cities, does not mean that you can come to the place where I live and work and act like it is the worst place in in the world you could possibly spend the night.

I know that it is not the fanciest hotel you will ever stay at in your travels, and yes there are certain things that are done differently than you will experience anywhere else...but you will not have small children screaming down the hallway, or rowdy drunks having a party in the room next to you.

Despite what everyone else that you work with has told you, the bears and deer will not climb in your window(chances are you will not see either of them on your short stay here), the rooms are not haunted, and no, the restaurant is not going to stay open later just because you fly an airplane and think that it should stay open just for you.

I am amazed that the airlines you work for let some of you fly airplanes. Really it's scary.

And I don't deserved to be treated like an idiot because of the fact that I have actually chosen to live here. I love it here. It is beautiful, it is quiet, and for the most part everyone is nice to everyone else.
Yes, I chose to live here as opposed to your crime ridden, smog filled, people-ignoring-each other cities.
And I should not be looked down upon because of this fact.

Please be nice to the people who drive you to your hotel rooms at night, who make sure that you have breakfast waiting for you in the morning, make sure you get up in the morning, and drive you back to your aircraft in the morning.

Be kind to everyone you meet, you never know when you will need them.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you got that off your chest. . . some people are just rude and look at all things negatively. . . sorry you were next in line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I clicked too quickly.
    that was me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa Stac, Little did they know that they were dealing with the UP tiger, but I am sure they do now! You go girl! luv gram

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you darling. Great post. We're all just people right? I'm sorry you have to put up with some of the mean ones :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous....hand them a copy after they pay their bill which will be the cheapest rate they've ever had. Or, every time they talk down to you, ask them if they have to work at being a jerk or does it come natural. Rude people are my pet peeve. Hugs, mom s.

    ReplyDelete