Sunday, April 27, 2008

a study break and growing excitement

It is 12:15am am I am only now taking a brief break from my reading material.
Tomorrow starts finals week, and I couldn't be happier to see the semester come to an end.
I have been asked a million times, "So, are you excited for Europe?"
Which, I in turn answer with, "Not yet!"
Which always brings on either the question of "Why not?" or just the blank confused stare of disbelief; how could could I not be excited...."You're going to Europe for two weeks" the stare seems to say.
There is just a lot going on between now and when I leave for me even to start thinking about what I need to get, what I need to do still, what I need to pack....etc.
First of all, I started my job at the Greenhouse this week.
Don't get any romanticized ideas in your head of walking around talking to plants and looking at all the pretty flowers.
There are no flowers...yet.
In fact before Tuesday there wasn't even a greenhouse.
That was my job for 3 days, helping construct the main frame of the greenhouse that we will just have to take down all over again in 3 1/2 months or so.
I know that I am not in tip top shape as far as exercising goes, but I was not prepared for the pain brought on by hours bending over pipes, drilling metal screws into metal pipes.
Oh-my-gosh! It's Sunday, and only now am I beginning to walk correctly and sit down without pain!
I am SO not complaining though. It does a body (my tired body) good to do something physical and not to mention the added bonus of extra hours at a job that only takes 5 minutes to get to rather that 25 minutes.
Secondly, there is the pesky little annoyance called final exams.
I am only taking one actual exam, and I'm not even worried about that.
It's the 5-10 page research paper due. (I've been putting this off for quite a while)
It's the "arts and crafts" project due. (which involves baking clay)
And it's the series of images i have to make with photoshop due. (still have no idea what I'm doing for that)
I'm also working 2 days at the "greenhouse" and 2 days at the inn before the troops start coming in for Jason's graduation on Saturday!
Yeah!!! Graduation!!!
Booo, though, for friends leaving. (another post entirely)
Then the weekend after graduation we are heading downstate to attend Katie and Seth's wedding, which I also have the privilege of being the photographer!!! (thank you Katie and Seth!)
Working for a few days and then, finally, I get to leave for Europe!
Don't worry though, with every task that gets checked off of my imaginary list in my head of things to do, I am becoming more and more excited!
For the last 4 Sunday's I have had to go to class for the Europe trip.
Everyone in the group had to present on a certain subject of something we are going to see and do in Europe.
Today was the last day! (Thank goodness for that)
Today we received some of our travel information which added to the excitement.
And (mom, you'll appreciate this) they all came in very cute packages, which made it all the better. (such a sucker for cute packages)
Well, I'd better be off to check more items off of my list.

Cute red envelope, with flight and hotel info in it!
My pass for the metro system in Paris, also in a cute little plastic sleeve.
And finally my museum pass for any and almost all museums in Paris!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you make me proud! (and you crack me up) Presentation is EVERYTHING.
    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete