Saturday, April 19, 2008

Little bit of Heaven

For my birthday and Valentines day Jason asked me what he could get me.
A baby was out of the question....and for some reason diamonds were too.
So, I asked him to get me house plants. Something that I can grow and something alive in our house!
Being such a wise, and lovely husband he got me exactly what I asked for.
I received 3 different plants that I replanted into cute little red pots I got at Target.
I have to be honest though, I do not have a great track record with house plants.
So it was not a surprise that one had completely died, and another one was on the way out the door.
I did my best to will them and love them back to life, but alas....it was not enough.
Sadly, I said goodbye to them and made room in my heart for new plants.
Hopefully I will do a better job of keeping these alive.



These are some of the new ones (in a coffee can planter)

Another new one.


Another new one.

Finally the only plant that survived the over watering and too much sun!

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the houseplants dying, only I have to constantly remind myself that they don't stay so pretty without things like sunlight and water... But hey, if I can do it (so far in my very short-lived but very serious gardening career), you can too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, looks like you got your green thumb from your mother. . . lucky girl you! :(
    Best wishes to your new plants. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same way with plants Stacey! We have three plants. One of which I just think won't ever die no matter how bad I neglect it, the other two are on the verge but Jeff keeps resuscitating them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought and orchid and i have been trying everything to keep that thing alive, I even went to a greenhouse place they said because I bought it from wal-mart it was doing bad. So I don't feel so bad about killing it :o)

    ReplyDelete