Sunday, April 6, 2008

open windows!

Well, it has been an interesting weekend.
On Thursday night instead of going out with the English dept. gang, Jason stayed home to work on his thesis, and I called our friend Liisa and volunteered to babysit while she went out.
I was so excited to get a little baby time. I was thanking her for letting me kidnap the baby for a couple of hours, and she looked at me crazy because she was the one thanking me for giving her a couple hours of adult time!
Jason worked all through the night finishing up his thesis.
His problem was exactly the opposite of what you would think it would be.
He had too much information! He had to cut things out in order to keep to the length requirements. I know, I would NEVER have that problem writing a paper!
I think he finally finished it around 11:30 in the morning on Friday.
He caught a couple of hours sleep and then he headed to the office to hit the SUBMIT button.
I think it was a bitter sweet moment for him to turn it in.
On the one hand it was finally finished, he can breathe a little easier.
And on the other hand, he's worked for almost a whole year on this paper and then suddenly it's not there for him to work on anymore.
I'm so proud of him!
Hopefully soon he will be able to get it published!

Friday:
I was feeling a wee bit cabin feverish, so I grabbed my ipod and took an hour and a half walk.
The road around Presque Isle was still closed, so there was quite a bit of snow left on it.
With the warm temperatures the snow was very slushy and hard to walk on.
My legs hurt for 2 days after trying to keep from slipping.
It was nice with the road being closed I could lay on a rock and just soak up the sun for a little while.
I came back and Jason and I ordered a pizza and decided to stay in. He had been up for so long, he wasn't sure he was going to be awake for very long.
(and he wasn't!)

Sat:
I worked from 8-4, and when I got back to Marquette, I spruced up and headed out to my pool league banquet.
By the way, who uses the word banquet anymore? I hear that word and I'm instantly transported back to high school having a potluck in the school cafeteria and having awards handed out.
Anyway, this was the worst banquet I have ever been too. I will not go into specifics, but you'd think that some of these ladies had never been let out of the house before.
Seriously it was ridiculous.
I left very soon after the awards had been given out.
Then at around 9 or so, we were hosting a party to celebrate the completion of everyone's theses.
We played holdem poker and other games that created bedlam!
The picture below is of the awesome air mattress that my parents got us.
It can either be a king, two twins, a double thick twin, or as we used it last night a couch!
It worked so great and I can't wait to try it out when we go camping.




Sun:
I woke up this morning (ok this afternoon) and made some coffee, opened the windows, put all the furniture back in it's place, vacuumed and after looking through dirty windows for a while, I got my windex, paper towel, and screwdriver (needed for prying off the screen) and headed outside to wash my windows.
What a great thing to be able to actually see out of my windows!
And to have them open to air out the place.
That is how I know it is spring, when you can open the windows and not freeze to death!
The other great thing that happened today was that I was able to talk to my friend Kristin who lives in Greece. We both use Skype, so we were able to not only talk to each other for free through our computers, but I was able to see her and her beautiful daughter for the first time!
Technology is great! Being able to see and talk to someone for free in real time who lives across the pond is so amazing to me.
My mom and sister have also taken advantage of it with us all living in different places!
Great, so great.

1 comment:

  1. Stacey don't you love it its the greatest!! THANKS MOM AND DAD!

    ReplyDelete