Sunday, May 18, 2008

brussels....day 1


sorbet dinner

a building in the Grand Plas


art nouvue architecture


a veiw of Brussels

a building the Grand Plas


Belgium Chocolates


The carpet in the hallway of our hotel


getting Belgium waffles


sculpture


public garden


trying to figure out what everyone owes for dinner
(no separate checks in Europe)


a building in the Grand Plas

Hello all. I am about ready for bed, but I thought I would post some more pictures today.
We got to Brussels around 12:00pm and then walked to the Musee des Beaux Arts which was a beautiful building with lots of old belgian paintings, and then a lot of 19th century paintings that were from artists that I actually knew about.
After that museum we walked to the Comic Strip museum that was not all that great. All of the comics were in French, so it was a little hard to know what they said.
We walked to dinner and then to the Grand Plas, which is the center square of the city.
We walked around a bit more and then headed back to the hotel room.
I was able to have the room to myself for a while and was able to indulge in my loner side after being with the group.
Tomorrow I am getting up early and walking across the street to the beautiful park to wander and sit and journal and again get in just a little bit more ME time.

I love being here. It really is a great experience. Not speaking French might be a problem, but good thing that I have Cassie ( my friend and room mate who speaks french)
I am excited though to be in Paris and be settled for a little while in one city to really get the feel of it and where things are.

And yes mom, that is a new orange purse! I love it.

Until next time.

7 comments:

  1. oh gosh, chocolate, sorbet and waffles. .. .. they probably wouldn't fit me back in the plane!!! I can't believe the buildings. Thanks for all the pics (and clarifying the ownership of mysterious orange purse . ..it is fabulous).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all your pictures and international updates stace! Thanks for sharing! Love you!
    Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear from you , awesome pictures . You girls and your purses . Love Dad TB

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is just no putting a value to the perfect purse. Renee taught you well. And I agree, it's fantastic! Love the pictures! You are really getting the culture cram, aren't you? So much to see, so little time. Miss you BIG! Mom S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow look at you my little international traveler!! P.s I love the orange purse love you have fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pictures & the updates...Looks like you are having the time of your life...enjoy and thanks for the updates...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The belgium chocolate looks great!!

    ReplyDelete