Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Paris...day 1

I made it! I am in Paris!! Finally. Just kidding. It seems like the trip is flying.
We took a motor coach here from Brussels.
As soon as we got into our hotel/apartment rooms we were off again to the open air market to by fruits and veggies and really anything else if we wanted it.
Then to the Supermarche (supermarket) for some of the essentials....(salt!)
After we put our groceries away we hopped on the metro and went to the St. Michel fountain, and then walked to Notre Dam.
What an amazing church.
And to think at one point they were going to tear it down.
The pictures below are all from Notre Dam.
Sorry that is all the pictures I have from Paris.
It was a long day again, going single file, and stopping for a picture is sometimes impossible.
Lately I have been caring my point and shoot in my pocket just so i don't have to lug my camera out of my new orange purse every time I want to take a picture.
That camera is soooo heavy, I think that I am going to have some back issues after this, but I love that camera and it takes such good pictures.
I will have to take some pictures of our apartment so you understand just how small it is.
There are 2 girls in the bedroom, and 2 girls on the pull out couch in the living room.
At least we all get along.
I am not sure what we are doing tomorrow, but I am heading to bed now.




7 comments:

  1. Salt? (if I were there, I would have beat you to the salt isle :))
    It all sounds great. Your apartment in Marquette is going to look HUGE when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two ..I can take you both for the salt isle...and not that sea salt stuff the real iodine :))...What a beautiful place Stacey..Glad to hear you are getting some sleep..Thanks for the updates it is exciting to find out Where in the World is Stacey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you were in training for this new sport Kim!!! The salt races! The only race I probably wouldn't be plodding/lumbering along in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to be this guy, but as an English Grad, I cannot NOT comment on the "salt isle." I mean, is there really an island somewhere like this? Completely made of salt? I don't think so. Because, if there was, Stacey would be living there, and we may have never met. Or I'd be attending Salt Isle University. Now, if you're referring to a salt "aisle," as in, a row in a grocery store, well, that's aisle nine, next to the mustard, pepper, and Lawry's Seasoning Salt.

    Your pictures are great, baby. And I've been adding extra salt to everything just for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jason I have never read something so funny at 6:18 in the morning or maybe ever! (Stacey, he REALLY is funny :))
    I will forever stand corrected on my use of isle vs aisle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jason by your description I felt like I was there "salt isle"..ahhhh..
    Jason good for you to join us you are funny!
    I also will forever stand corrected for my word usage.....Enjoy Stacey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Stacey , Love girl great to hear from you today ! Enjoy do time . Love Dad TB

    ReplyDelete