Tuesday, May 27, 2008

last night in paris!!!

I'm sitting on my bed in my apartment/hotel on my last night in Paris experiencing my first thunderstorm of spring.

I don't think there there is better way to end the trip then with a really hard, really loud thunderstorm.

Rain washes away the old, and encourages growth.

I think, in a way traveling does that too.

Experiencing something new, something completely opposite from the way that you have decided things should be, can only cause a traveler to come home a little different from when they left.

For me I don't think that it is going to be big changes, and they may only be noticeable to me, but traveling changes a person.

Traveling for me, always makes me long for the things that I thought were insignificant at home, or the things that I took for granted.

Traveling is amazing, but coming home is always better. It's almost sweeter, and more satisfying than the trip itself.

Tomorrow I leave the fine city of Paris, and will come home.

I miss my bed, I miss my city, I miss my space, and mostly, I just miss Jason.

So au revoir to the city of lights.

I am coming home.

p.s. sorry about no pictures the last couple of nights, I have a ton, but the internet has been sketchy and hasn't been letting me post them. But, don't worry, I have a ton to post when I am at home.

2 comments:

  1. well said my dear. See you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey...you have such a mature perspective. I love this about you. Every corner you turn offers a new experience....an opportunity to grow emotionally, spiritually, intellectually..all based on looking outward, not inward...........I love that you get this. Can't wait to see you on Thursday. Emily is all tucked in tight at our house tonight and ready to meet "Ava" tomorrow! Aren't we excited!!!......can't wait to see you Stace and catch up with all your stories. Hey - I need someone to ride to Detroit with me on Friday afternoon. Wanna go???? Luv, MOM S.

    ReplyDelete