Friday, January 19, 2007

Getting involved

I am so excited!!! Jason and I are signed up to sit at one of the line crossings for the U.P. 200 dog sled race! It starts on Feb. 16 and ends on Feb. 18. On the map above, the green line is the trail they are going to take. The slebs start in Marquette and end in Marquette. I think it will be really exciting to be at. I don't really know much about what we are doing, just that it will be cold. It's hard to just go to an event like this when you've never been to one...so we will just volunteer, and be a part of the experience instead! Today after I get out of class (yes i'm in class right now...i am a very good multi tasker!) I am going to go tanning and then we are going to Marquette Mountian to go skiing. It's going to be our date for our anniversary. A little early, but It's the best day to go when we will have the most time! I just have to find my snow pants. It's a little chilly today, but the sun has been shinning.
My mom is in California right now with her friend Amy...I called her the other night because my boogers were freezing and she told me she had been sitting on a bluff over looking the ocean...there was no sympathy at all. I couldn't believe it. :) Just kidding, i'm glad she's having a good time, and relaxing. I hope she buys me the T-shirt she saw that said "SAVE THE TA TAs" It was a shirt for breast cancer research....I think it's great. Have fun MOM!! I love you.
Well I had better pay attention for a little while :)

5 comments:

  1. Hey Stac!
    LOVE the t-shirt idea...I've seen another one that I thought was cute that said "Hair by Chemo" =) Of course that was when I was bald and thought it'd be perfect! =)
    Love you guys!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. kim, i thougt it was great too! I would definitly wear a "save the ta tas" t shirt. Love you Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you will be part of this upcoming race! So fun!!!

    (I also love the shirt idea!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacey, Stacey, Stacey. . . Do you have to tell everything??? Unfortunately, I did not buy the t-shirt, I was much more practical and domestic :) sorry.
    Anyway, you certainly do make me laugh out loud. Happy Anniversary to you both! We love you.
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Stace! That race shounds like a blast!! So...I have the "Save the Ta Ta's t-shirt already!! I wear it places, and people look at me really funny! You can buy them at www.savethetatas.com, just so you know! I have the pink one with white wording...happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete