Saturday, January 20, 2007

Marquette Mountain

Instead of our date hike, we went skiing at Marquette Mountian. It's about 10 minutes from our house, but you would never know it. We went out around 2 and come home around 8. It was so flipping cold. I went down the first run with just my glasses on and the tears comin gout of my eyes pooled up in my glasses. I went back to the car to put my goggles on and Jason bought some at the ski shop (his were so old that the foam part was rotting away) after a few more runs we had a few brewskies and some pizza fries and headed back out. It was a fun time. I like skiing down the steep hills really fast...i just always have that picture in my mind of me tumbling over and over and over and i can't stop. I know i'm weird and i have been skiing since i was little, but being a once a year skier still puts those crazy ideas in my head. I also think that the older i get the more i really don't enjoy skiing. I think maybe if there were no other people on the slops...mmmm...my own ski hill...what a great idea.

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about skiing, I too have those fears. THough now it's been at least 6 years since I last skiied. (Did I spell that right?)

    You should post a pic of you and Jason in all your skiing gear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish i had a picture of us skiing, but unfortunatly my cameras are a little too big to fit in my pocket. Hopefully next time I will be able to get a picture

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Stacey and Jason, Just read the blog . . you're nuts! and I can testify that since I've seen you skiing when you were little, turns were optional, only if necessary!
    Very nice new format (from mom) . . .very vintage looking.
    love dad (and mom)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, it's all Dad's fault, he's the one who made me learn how to ski with no poles and how to snow plow....now I'm just revolting! Love you both

    ReplyDelete