Saturday, May 5, 2007

Cinco de Mayo Fun

While playing catch with Jason in the front of our apartment we heard the smoke alarm going off in one of the apartments upstairs. We ignored it for a little while thinking that someone must be cooking, but they guy that lives across from that apartment said that they weren't home and had moved out. So me being the fireman's daughter that I am went upstairs and knocked on the door and no one answered. I could smell something smoldering inside the apartment. So I called 911 and the fire department was in front of our apartment building within minutes.
Turns out that they had their self cleaning oven on and it had gotten so hot that whatever was left in the oven was burning off and causing the apartment to smoke up.
It got all of the neighbors out on their lawns and gave them a good show for the afternoon. I'm glad it wasn't anything serious and I'm glad I called them, it could have been anything and I wasn't looking forward to throwing all of my stuff out of the windows!
Lesson for the day: If you are ever in doubt call. Don't wait for someone else to do it, because they probably won't.
Well we're off to a Cinco de Mayo party! Have good weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Hey lady well i payed for you for dads gift and i wrote your names on the card so just and fyi you owe me!! oh and mom picked out a plant for mothers day she said thats all she wants its 30 and i can get if 20% off sooo i dont know if that sounds good to you or not let me know!!! :) love you have a good nite

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear girls of mine: This is a PUBLIC comment and yes, I would like the plant for $30 with 20% off thankyouverymuch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Stacey , your fireman father is very proud of you ! You done good. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete