Sunday, May 13, 2007

my mom

My mom knows everything.

When I was younger, I swore she had eyes in the back of her head.

My mom has a big heart.

She would do anything for anyone if you asked her, and sometimes if you don't.

My mom knows everyone in Grandville.

Seriously, EVERYONE!

My mom sends me care packages just for the fun of it.

Once she sent me two chocolate chip cookies. Just two.

My mom loves to create things.

I've never met anyone who loves crafty things more than my mom.

My mom loves her children with all of her heart, and loves it that we all get along and love each other.

We know this, and we never have to question it.

My mom loves things that are miniatures.

Mostly food that is little, like the half sticks of butter you can buy.

There is much, much more to my mom, but this one thing is for sure: I love my mom, I would not be the women I am today if it weren't for her.

Happy Mother's Day!

(and also to all of you mothers and mothers to be, you are loved by me.)

3 comments:

  1. Stacey,
    I know we just got off the phone where I laughed til I cried over your latest blog entry and the silly picture of me wrapped in ivy because yes, I LOVE ivy too!
    Thank you. What great children I have, which makes Mother's Day very, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey.. What a wonderful Mother's Day tribute to your mom, how lovely! We certainly missed you and Jason at brunch this morning, but know that you are always with us, regardless if you are here in person or not. Happy to be someday Mother's Day to you my dear! love you Gram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Stacey, I was in the kitchen when your Mom read your Mother's day card to her and wasn't kidding she was laughing I thought some was in her office it is always great to hear laugh you are a special woman and we did miss you two Sunday . I love you . Dad TB

    ReplyDelete