Wednesday, May 2, 2007

school is out for summer!

First of all, sorry to all who faithfully check my blog. I do apologize for being such a bad blogger the last couple of weeks. I think what it comes down to is that I haven't really been up to finishing school. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't wait for that last final to be done and to be moving on to something else, but it's the fact that I didn't have any motivation to really finish strong and so the guilt of it all wore me down. I am finally finished with everything! Now I can get down to the good stuff, like sewing, scrapbooking, deep cleaning my apartment, putting all of our winter gear in storage (for the second time), and continue to look for a job. I think that only having 2 interviews and only a couple more call backs, not finding a job has been the biggest weight on me. I'm a good catch, I work hard, I learn new things really quickly and I'm way more mature than any of these high school kids the companies around here insist on hiring over me. To say that it's a blow on the 'ole self esteem is lacking in description. I know that it's mostly the city I live in. Things move very slowly here. Two weeks after I applied at the city for a summer job, I went back to make sure that I wasn't missed in the shuffle. I was then informed that although applications were being accepted in the beginning of April, some areas won't hire until the END OF MAY. Only in Marquette. So needless to say the whole business has gotten me a little down. I am very excited though for summer in Marquette. We only got to experience a little bit of it last year, but what we did get to experience was amazing. Living in a "small" town is very charming in the summer. I am looking to riding my bike downtown to the farmers market on Washington street, taking the bike path all around Presque Isle Park and along the lake shore, sitting by the beach, camping, hiking, and enjoying being outdoors. I don't know when I am going to find time to do all of those, but I am going to try. This summer Jason is a captain of a co-ed softball team, I will be a sub when my night class is over. He is also going to be taking summer classes and he is also currently looking for a job. (Donations can be sent to 2302...just kidding!) In all seriousness though we are happy and healthy and are so excited to be done with this school year and we couldn't be more blessed! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for all of your prayers and love that was sent this way! We can't wait to see you this summer. (Hint...Hint!)

2 comments:

  1. very glad to hear you survived finals. can't wait to hear all about your summer adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stacey, when you least expect it, doors open..don't loose heart! luv gram

    ReplyDelete