Sunday, March 25, 2007

crazy husband of mine

I don't know what I did to deserve someone like Jason, but I am one lucky girl. I also don't know why it took almost two years for "us" to feel so good and so right, but now that it has come I wouldn't want to trade this for the world.

Friday night we attended the graduate writers poetry/fiction/non-fiction reading at the Landmark Inn down town. Jason and I have only attended two of these readings, but we look forward to them every month. It's a very informal yet respectful night. The poem that did me in was about a girl's 10 month old nephew she has been babysitting and taking care of as only an auntie can do. As she read I could only think of Emily and how much I miss her and how terribly sad it is to me to miss her growing up. I immediately went outside and called Amber, crossing my fingers that Emily would still be up. Amber gave her the cell phone and she said "hello" and "stacey" and "iloveyou" which was about the cutest and dearest thing I have ever heard. She gave up on talking to me and begged to take her bath, but it was good enough for me.

It's a strange feeling to me being so happy and so content with my life and where I am heading, and on the other hand to feel this deep desperation and yearning to be where my roots are. I wish I was home, if just for a day to see all who are dear to me, to soak them in, and take it all back with me.

I have been having a hard time getting time off work to come home. Let alone have a single weekend day off to be able to do nothing or everything, and going to church has been out of the question for so long now. My dilemma is what to do about it. Do I leave my fellow co-workers in the lurch? Do I search for something else that will offer me even just a wee bit of flexibility when it comes to scheduling? Do I stick it out and be thankful for what I have and just deal with it? Do I give up trips home, camping trips, lazy summer days, and everything else that gets pushed to the side when I have to work every single weekend?

I don't know. I will figure it out, I always do.

On Friday night Jason and I also had the chance to go out after the reading. We had good conversations with new friends that are becoming good friends and most of all after they had left, and it was just the two of us we talked and talked and talked.

I love my husband.
I love how just how much he loves me.
I love that he kisses me every time either one of us goes out or comes in the door.
I love his mind and how it is constantly working and processing and asking for more.
I love how much he encourages me, or just lets me be.
I love that he strives to be closer to the Lord.
I love his musical talent.
I love much much more about him than these.
I love you Jason.
I would be so bored without you in my life.

5 comments:

  1. I love that you love your husband so much!

    So lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...love his hair too! Cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stace....
    I love reading all that about Jason! It only gets better! I know exactly how you feel! Here's to a happy marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your husband too.....isn't he great?!
    I just miss you both so much.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete