Tuesday, March 27, 2007

me and my car


Now I know that I do not have a good track record with the cars that so happen into my life...but I'd like to think that as I get older, I drive more carefully, I wash her when I can, I just cleaned all of my junk out of her, I play good music when I drive, really for the most part, my car has it pretty good.

But all that is right and good in the world does not apply to me and my car. Somewhere on my short trip to or from school I mananaged to deeply lodge a broken off razor blade into the tread of my rear passenger tire. I almost drove all the way to work like that and but a nice gentleman at the convience store hollared at me that I had a flat tire and offered me his air pump. I looked at the tire and then thanked him, but an air pump wasn't going do me any good.

So I drove home (3 mins away) traded cars with Jason and made it to work on time.

We have road hazard coverage on our tires through Discount Tire. So we would maybe at the most have to pay $20.00 for a tire, the only problem is that the closest Discount Tire is in Traverse City. Ahhh!!!!!!!!! So for the time being my car and my spare tire are only going to school and back until we figure out what to do about a tire. :)

Anyway. Other than my car hating, me things are going good up here. It was really nice over the weekend but the last couple of days it has only been in the 40's. But no rain! It has been very sunny everyday and you will not hear me complaining about that!

5 comments:

  1. are you blogging in class? you can't fool me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your comment, stacey. it's good to hear from you and hear your thoughts about your own experience. it's things like this that keep me encouraged and keep me going when i am most convinced that i'm a raving lunatic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you and your car...crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have bad luck with your cars! Your dad and I were just talking about the good old Pesao, and how you always had a spare bottle of oil in the back seat! It only seems normal for you to have problems with this car too! Good luck getting a new tire!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. In traverse city!! Time for a road trip! It was 75 here yesterday! We were loving it! jacob and I grilled potatoes and brats on the grill and talked of the little girl to come.....

    ReplyDelete